IGNORED

HID Light Problem

Danaman

Installed a HID light and it is substantially brighter but a lot of times when I start the bike the light doesn't come on.

I turn the bike off and back on and the light will come on. Has anyone encountered this problem and if so what is the fix. I tried researching on here but couldn't find anything.

From another thread, Flyinfool posted :

"The relay is so that you can have a switch to have the HID off while starting the engine. The HID controllers have a low voltage cutoff built in. If the battery voltage should dip below the cut off it will turn off the HID to protect itself. Once tripped it does not reset when the voltage comes back up once the bike is running. In order get the light to turn back on you have to turn off the engine and restart. Of course this restart can once again drop the voltage momentarily and turn off the HID.... Having a switch that is controlling the HID power wire will allow you to have the HID off while starting. Having the switch operate a relay means that you do not have to have a switch and wiring that can handle 20 amps."

In that thread, someone posted that flipping to high beam and back to low restarted the HID with the bike running and that got the light to come on.