IGNORED

head water jacket plug.

so now that i have my heads off it seems that the coolant plug that joins the water jackets through the head Part Number 22 on the parts listing is no longer available or atleast that i can find around here or on sites in canada, or the states. does anyone have a pair they are willing to sell? i really dont want to have to write off this engine over $50 worth of parts.

http://cdn1.bikebandit-images.com/schematics/schematics/yamaha/yam002/4647_002.gif

• 5 years later...

I know this is an older post.

I've got a 2008 RSV with 100 k miles 

I've got on of these plugs leaking pretty good. I tried the dime behind the cover,( as mentioned along time ago on here)  and it worked very well for a lot of years.

I'm wondering if I could change out the O-rings to fix the problem ( Prt #s 21-23 )

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Looking at this, I think I would get the o-rings, 21,22,23 and maybe the Spring pin, 24 and replace those parts as they are not included if you just got the Joint, #20.  You might as well get enough to do both joints since you will have the coolant out of the engine.

So yes I would start with replacing the 0-rings on both and clean the joints up and where they are inserted at also.

Good luck,

Rick F

Hi Rick 

Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have deleted my post, because I goofed!

I noticed this was 1 Gen tech section after I posted. Looking at the Parts Fis (sp) I thought this was what I needed. After a second look, I need the rubber plug that's lower on the water jacket.

They're pretty cheap to get.

Thanks