IGNORED

Oklahoma First Meet & Eat (Apolgee)

buddy

First off let me stat that I take the blame for the meeting at Pops this last Saturday. As for the setting and being together. I went down in person to set things up for Rose Bud and make sure they would be able to take us So I went down on Saturday 5 2008 to confirm with them in person as for the group meet I talked to Lauren up front and asked if we could be seated out on the patio as a group and be together. She said we do not take reservation but that part she could handle for us with no trouble at all She took all the information and I gave her Rosebud number and said if there is any problem give Rose Bud a call So I asked again before Peg & I left will there be any problems with this and I was told everything will be ready..

I called again on Friday 11 2008 to make sure things were still on schedule for us to be on the patio as a group of 30 or more members and I was told by the management that it was all taken care of and they were ready for us and would have extra staff on hand this coming Saturday at 12:30PM They also told me they already talked to Rosebud on Thursday and things were in order. So needless to say it dint go as planed they were not set up for us, they split the group up we were not allowed to eat on the patio, yet they stated on their web site to enjoy the patio if weather is permitted and on top of that the management talked to me rudely in person Saturday saying they had no means of taking care of our group. So if this was the case why was I told THREE different times this was no problem for them-Two times in person and one time over the phone...So any blame is coming I take it due to the fact I told Rosebud I would go over and set things up for her in person. So I'm am sorry for any trouble this may have caused anybody and sorry I dint get to meet everybody there as some left early.

Buddy

Hello Ron.

I appreciate the comments. Feedback, both positive and negative, is certainly welcome. I'm not sure where the miscommunication was with the group being set up. I can assure you, I will find out. I can only offer my apologies that it happen. Due to seating inefficiency, we do not take reservations. We did know your group was coming but could still not designate tables for your group. Those are daily requests made by not only yours, but by many organizations that we would never be able to physically accommodate. We are working to add to kitchen capacity for serving on the patio area in the near future. This will definitely help with the seating problems. I am sorry you experience was not what you expected. That is never our intention and I would like to some how make this up to your group in the future. if there is something we can do to make this right, I would be more than happy to discuss further. My contact information is attached.

Thank You,

Marty Doepke

General manager

POPS

Buddy, no apology needed. Sometimes there are gliches that can't be helped. I believe everyone had a good time, and I know I enjoyed seeing all the ones I had met before, and meeting a bunch of new friends. Thanks for all of your efforts

BoxerX2:bighug:

Buddy - you did a great job in getting Pops lined up. It is no one's fault that Pops did not follow through with what they promised to do. Phil and I suspect that they asked their staff about working extra and didn't get any volunteers to work our group. So we all got to eat in small groups - but we did get to hang out together on the patio and the wind was blocked so it was comfortable. It was a great time, with the best part just getting together with everyone.

We will have to do it again, we'll just pick a different place in a different location. I think we did good for the first time of putting one of these together. You did GREAT Buddy.

Remeber to call Phil this week while you are in Tulsa. He's looking forward to hanging out with you one day.

:bighug:

Sorry we were soooo late the time change and snow and rain and ....... anyhow we rreally enjoyed meeting those we did and will try to get there earlier next time, however we dont feel you have any thing to be sorry about they said they would take care of us and didnt so not you fault enjoyed the ride none the less. 834 mile round trip.

hey buddy i was'nt at the meet and eat, but i wish there were more stand up guys like you that put forth that extra effort to help people out. things don't always go as planned. been there done that. i appreciate the help you have given me with the motel set up at the eureka springs meet in sept. your help is welcome anytime. kind of scary pulling things off by ones self. don't let a little lack of communication get you down. things happen. if you have any neat ideas for eureka springs believe me i will welcome them and all the help you can give me. :clap2::2133: hey, try to make it to my meet and eat if you can next month. i want to see that new wing. bill :)

hey its chuck and just wanted to say i enjoyed the meetin and had a good time. ya gotta kind of expect someplace as "pop"ular as Pops to be busy. can honestly say only bad part was the wind but in oklahoma that is to be expected as well. was great meetin all the folks me and carolyn did and hope to see you all again at next meetin-n-eatin. ride safe and keep it between the ditches.

I was also dissapointed in the seating arangements, but I still enjoyed meeting a great bunch of real friendly folks.

Wildhair and I hit it off right away, just before he gave my wife a big hug. The look on her face was priceless. Yep, yep, real friendly folks.:rotf::rotf:

Thanks again Rosebud,

If you decide to do this again, even at Pops, count me in.

Guest Dandy1

Hey Buddy & Rosebud,

We had a real good time. No apoligies needed. When you have large groups something always don't go as planned. It was nice to see you and Peggy again and the rest of the group! We need to do this more often. There are a varity of places to ride and meet around this state. I'd be more than happy to help out setting one up.

Later,

Dandy

Doggone, missed another meet because of work. Sounds like you had a good time anyway. Somebody put names on the photos, please. I recognize a few (very few).

Anybody need a Baghdad Harley patch? There's more here than any other kind of patch.