I have one on my 2005 and in the twisties it is work. If you rake the frontend it makes it easier to stear but then you have to have the sidecar on it to ride.

Give me a shout if I can help answer and questions. I have about 3000 miles on mine now and really like it.

I had a damper that came with the car but had to make up my own mounting system for it. I had alot of steering shake at low speed with out it but now I can drive with one hand from start to stop. ( it really helps ).

I'll try to get a pic of what I made up tomorrow and post it.

Sorry for taking so long with the Pic's but this is how I mounted my steering damper for my sidecar.

I used 3/16 steel 1and 1/2 " w. and bent it so it would come up and clear the lower faring. I did have to trim about 1/2 inch off my clear windeflector on the upper faring so it would clear over the damper. I made a bracket about 3 inches long to mount to the steering head to hook the moving end of the damper. This you will just have to bend till it clears.

It works great but is a real close fit ( about 1/4 inch clearance to the steering head and the bike frame. )

I played with this design a couple of days before getting it right. I could ride without it but the bike steering is much better with the damper on ( almost no steering shake at any speed. ) No problem riding from start with one hand now.

If I can answer and questions on this build give me a call.

Steve 770-630-0973

Steve,

Took some work to do that. What Motorvation did was put a bracket on the slider tube by the fender attachment. Then attached the other end to a bracket attached to the actual tube that attaches the sidecar to the bike.

The brackets are all chrome and was made for the hookup. Your shock is different and looks like it is smaller, may have less pressure.

Have a buddy who builds trikes so I will show to him. I rad and have been told the shock should be set at 90 degrees and some say no.

Thanks for all your help.

labill

I was going to hook the damper to the front fender but just didn't like the look . This way its just about on a 90 degree to the steering head and is more or less hidden out of the way.

It works and that is what I was looking for.