IGNORED

LED headlight replacement

Just upgraded to the Pathfinder LED headlight yesterday! Wow is this light bright, very pleased with the upgrade.

Want to make sure I was correct leaving the rubber boot off the back of the new light. I don't think it would fit over the fan on the back of the light, but just want to make sure I'm right.

I taped the connection between the light and the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check that your headlight aim is correct, many people mistake bright and a poorly aimed light that will blind oncoming drivers.

You do not want to cover up the cooling fan and/or heat sink with anything or you will burn up your new bulb. You also want to make sure that the hot air has a way out of the headlight housing and cool fresh air has a way in. BUT you do not want water to get in there either.

If it is on a 2nd gen you do not need to worry about the heat off the lamp as the heat sink will sit outside the headlamp housing. There is enough air coming through that area to provide enough ventilation. I have had one in for 3 years now with no issues.

If it is on a 2nd gen you do not need to worry about the heat off the lamp as the heat sink will sit outside the headlamp housing. There is enough air coming through that area to provide enough ventilation. I have had one in for 3 years now with no issues.

Thanks Bert! It is on a 2nd Gen so I should be all good.