IGNORED

Switched to full synthetic fluids MUCH IMPROVED

Installed Speedy Bleeders at all 4 locations, flushed brakes and clutch and put in Prestone Synthetic DOT 4. Changed engine oil and filter even though it only had 300 miles on it...switched to Castrol 4T full synthetic, and drained final drive (the magnetic plug was coated in gunk grease like material), refilled with Mobil 1 75w-90 synthetic. Shifts and breaks much smoother and nicer than before for sure. If anyone hasn't switched to full synthetic I can HIGHLY recommend doing so....made a big difference for me (bike has 14,300 miles on it).

I have a real stupid question here, maybe should be a thread of its own. But what is the difference between Dot 3 and Dot 4 break fluid?

I was having some issues with my clutch slave cylinder, and I bleed it and bought a big thing of Dot 4 break fluid. Like a dummy I left it sit on the side of the driveway, long story short, the wife's son managed to run over the bottle, cleaned it up, instead of telling me he went and bought another bottle, same brand, but it is Dot 3. My Slave cylinder has a leak and I have been nursing it along with adding some every few days. Now I realize I have been adding Dot 3 not 4.....

Ok, getting back to synthetic oil and keeping this thread on track.

I have used synthetic oil and synthetic gear lube in both my Venture and in my GW.

Both bike always ran well and I changed the oil at every 3k miles even though I didn't have to.. I am old school and will be that way until I die, so don't even try to change me now.

About 5 moths ago, I went back to conventional oil in my wing.

Using the synthetic oil, I noticed my engine sounded really loud.

As soon as I went back to the conventional oil I noticed a much quieter engine as soon as I started it up.

I am staying with conventional oil for now..