IGNORED

Road Runner Cargo Trailer

Eddy

A local dealer has the "Road Runner" series trailers for sale. He says the size is large and larger, whatever that means. He says they normally sell for $2400-$3000 and he'll let me have either size for $1500.00. I just don't know much about this trailer. Seems to have some extra's on it. I'd appreciate any help you can give on this.

Thanks,

Eddie Flinchum--Winchester, Ky. 2007 RSV

From what I have found on the web they look like pretty good trailers and for that price I don't think you could go wrong. Heck if I didn't already have a trailer I would seriously think about trying to get you to hook me up with one. LOL

Here is the link I looked at them at. Is this what he is talking about?

http://motorcycletrailer.com/RRjr1/

I own that trailer. The bigger one. I really like it. It is bulky though. The rear door is heavy and supported by shocks. I'm pretty sure it's the same guy selling these whom I bought mine from. He had them listed on ebay and I made him an offer of $1600. He painted it silver, crated it and shipped it to Alaska for $1900 total. He was a great guy to work with even though he built the crate from scrap lumber 2X4s that would have been better used for firewood. It must have taken him a week to nail that thing together. I had to mount the box to the frame and put the tires on. I noticed the front of the box sits on the frame but then the rest of the underside sits away from the fram about 5/8 of an inch. I didn't think this would be good for weight distribution on the 6 screws holding it together so I added a piece of 5/8" plywood which added to the weight of the trailer. I will probably replace the plywood this summer with something lighter yet as efficient. The trailer comes with a layer of carpet and a removeable mat designed for the trailer. The rear lights are just screwed in through the fiberglass. Some of the screws don't hold very well but I can fix anything - so I did. The wiring is very punk rock - just twisted together and electrical taped. I will be making this better this summer too. Hm... what else? He didn't know what a swivel hitch is so I bought one from Neosho.com. I let him know about these. Maybe he is adding them now. The trailer pulls great behind the Venture but is probably better designed for a car. There are tent trailers that weigh more than this so I know the Venture can handle it. I think if somebody added some rivets around the rear door and made the appropriate tarped room I think it's big enough to sleep in (in an emergency). I'm 5'8" and I fit in it. Nice guy, nice trailer, a little heavy, pulls great, he will paint it for a little more.