IGNORED

Possible radatior Leaking

Saturday it was 30, just freezing here in South GA. Extremely cold for us. I had to go to a meeting about 75 miles away, so I got my leathers on and took off, bike preformed perfect, then that afternoon road back. Great ride, however, when I went out Sunday morning I noticed green fluid under the bike. I already have an oil leak, and the clutch slave cylinder leaking, with this it looked like an old Chevy truck in my parking spot.

Well I tried to find the leak, looking at the front of the radiator, I noted fluid coming all the way down the right side, but there was no fluid going back. No evidence, of leak while riding. I was wondering if I picked up a rock or something. I took the side cover off checked the fluid, cold it is right above the low line. I road Sunday afternoon and no leak since.

I searched on here for other threads for this, the only thing I found was a thread about freeze plugs behind the fake fins leaking.

So here is my questions.

1. where was the leak coming from, could it be possible for fluid leaking on the freeze plugs being pushed forward.

2. How full should the radiator reservoir be.

Since Saturday it hasn't leaked, but it hasn't been below freezing either.

Thanks in advance for any advice, and wise cracks :biker:

Just gonna have to start taking things apart. Look behind fins to see if there is a trail. Check below water pump taletell and see if you have a drip. Check your rad cap. check hose connections. Full cold is upper line on the tank.

Just gonna have to start taking things apart. Look behind fins to see if there is a trail. Check below water pump taletell and see if you have a drip. Check your rad cap. check hose connections. Full cold is upper line on the tank.

what kind of antifreeze fluid should I put in, can I use car, or just water.

I am using Hyundai Long Life antifreeze. I get it for $12 gallon (concentrate) from dealer I am in cahoots with.

Any good non-silicate (GREEN) antifreeze would be my choice. I would not use the dex-cool stuff, although some have, as it is a different chemistry than what your 2007 has been gargling on for a while now.

Full cold would be LOWER line on reservoir with bike on level ground standing straight up. If you use upper line cold when the bike gets hot (water expands) it will over fill reservoir and dump on the ground. Dumping antifreeze in front of rear tire is not a good idea. :080402gudl_prv:

Full cold would be LOWER line on reservoir with bike on level ground standing straight up. If you use upper line cold when the bike gets hot (water expands) it will over fill reservoir and dump on the ground. Dumping antifreeze in front of rear tire is not a good idea. :080402gudl_prv:

Thanks, it just says check cold. Mine cold standing straight up, (and why they want you to check the oil, and other stuff on a side stand I have no idea why they did not put a center stand on the bike) is just above the lower level side, I will leave it alone then.

thanks for the help

Thanks, it just says check cold. Mine cold standing straight up, (and why they want you to check the oil, and other stuff on a side stand I have no idea why they did not put a center stand on the bike) is just above the lower level side, I will leave it alone then.

thanks for the help

Someone on the site recommended using an inspection mirror to check the oil level while sitting in the saddle on level ground. This works real well and is what I have started doing. The level in the coolent reservoir is fine. If you were to go ride the bike and get it hot and come back and check it, it will be somewhere between 1/2 & 3/4 full. Sooooo if you would have topped it off as the manual suggests the expanded coolent from the radiator would have forced the coolent in the reservoir out through the overflow tube and dumped on the ground. Should you be sitting at a stop light then go to pull off it could make for an interesting day. The level in the coolent reservoir should only be checked when bike is hot. :080402gudl_prv: & :beersign:.