IGNORED

grip size

Doug royal86

Hi @Doug royal86 The left grip is 7/8 and the right grip requires a 1" to fit over the throttle sleeve. Lots of good grip options on Ebay for good prices compared to the Yamaha shop. I picked up a couple pairs for my 86 Ventures and really like them....plus they only cost $18 with free shipping....here is a link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-8-Motorcycle-Chrome-Handlebar-Hand-Grips-for-Honda-CBR-600-900-1000-RR-929-/131733917373?hash=item1eabf40ebd:g:XUMAAOSw0HVWDc96

Hope that helps!

They are considered 7/8 grips. Depending on the grip you buy the right will either have a throttle tube or be oversized to take a tube.

You also have to worry about the length. Off hand I don't recall what it is but you can put a tape up to yours. Or, get one sized for a Goldwing - same dimensions.

I cannt understand why it was so hard for this kid to do his job and look. I thought it was the 7/8 but he said different so made me think twice. I should not of bothered him from leaning on the counter.

In fairness to the kid: It probably went out of production before he was potty trained.

• 1 year later...