IGNORED

Great weather in South GA

Larry1963

Yep, turned out a little warmer than we thought it was going to be, we thought about riding our RSV (also an 07 :)) with a cargo trailer for the camping gear to Little O. SP in McRae and camp which we do sometimes when we visit Chester, GA but thought the night might be a little cool and the wife is not a big cold/cool weather rider. Ended up just driving the car down and back for the day. I'm ready for summer for some longer camping trips. We'll probably head up to the UP of MI again this summer which ends up being our longest trip of the year, would like to take a trip out west on the bike but not sure how wife would do that long on the road.

Yesterday WAS beautiful! Today was much cooler, rainy, and not as nice. Hoping next weekend is lovely because this not riding stuff is bumming me out.

Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved.

Do we ever do a meet and eat in Middle GA. I think there is enough of us around in GA we could meet somewhere. If we want home cooked food, I have a church that would cook for us.

I know for a short time Ken and Barbie I think I could be wrong in their name, is in Jekyll Island. I seen someone else from Alma, and a couple from the Savannah area. Just thinking out loud here

Do we ever do a meet and eat in Middle GA. I think there is enough of us around in GA we could meet somewhere. If we want home cooked food, I have a church that would cook for us.

I know for a short time Ken and Barbie I think I could be wrong in their name, is in Jekyll Island. I seen someone else from Alma, and a couple from the Savannah area. Just thinking out loud here

I have never hosted a meet n eat locally, but if there's interest I can think of a couple of local places in the Macon/Warner Robins area that would love to host.

I have never hosted a meet n eat locally, but if there's interest I can think of a couple of local places in the Macon/Warner Robins area that would love to host.

Macon area would be central for GA, and I know they have some good eating there.

I know a Greek restaurant that is biker friendly. The food is excellent.

Do they have Gyro's?

I need to come and bring my daughters registration up, when I am that way next time I will let you know. She is in school at Wesleyan College

They have the best gyros in the area, and I have eaten at all the greek places locally. All are great eating, but Greek Village has the best food.

Send me an address to Greek Village, so I can check it out. I had a neighbor that was a chef in the Navy, then a professional chef in real life. He traveled the world learning how to cook, he came home from a several month stay in Greece and could make the best Gyros which are pronounced heros.

If we want BBQ or something else, we can do it hear, I have some of the best cooks in the area. Also know a southern band that plays a lot of songs, some gospel and are funny as can be. Their name is Lost Dogs Found. I can usually get them to play for free.

Two other things we are looking at doing and I will let you know dates when they come available. Working with a Hell Fighter, who cares for the homeless in Albany GA. We are going over there to help feed the homeless one Saturday.

Second is we are going to do a bike rally one Sunday here, service, food, then ride.

Third in November, the town of Alapaha does a celebration, we are going to organize a fund raiser for the Wounded Warrior Project, we are in the process of organizing a benefit ride for them.

Greek Village 1801 Watson Blvd, Warner Robins, GA 31093

That is just over an hour ride for me up US129

how close do you live to WR or US129, I am at the bottom of it, when you come to US129 and US 82 you are at my house.

I'm in Lizella/west Macon. About 30-45mins from downtown warner robins. (Blame traffic lol) I'm in Warner Robins 2-3times/week.

Ok we about 2 hours apart, what do you think about putting a post on here to see who is in the area, even N Fl is not that far, to see who would be interested in a M&E

......, we are going to organize a fund raiser for the Wounded Warrior Project, we are in the process of organizing a benefit ride for them.

Its a shame but I hear more negative things about them than I do positive. For years have seen several articles how most of the money they raise goes to paying themselves and their fund raisers big salaries, etc. very little actually going to vets. One of the local Atlanta TV stations did a story just recently saying the same thing. Seems to be a lot of charities in the name of vets making money for themselves. (btw I was USAF 70-74, year in Thailand during Vietnam)

Wife and I would be interested in riding down to Macon area, several Atlanta area folks on forum, I've met some over the years but only one I have been in touch with recently is "Motorcycle Mike" up in Lawrenceville, they (Mike & Shirley) might wanna also ride down. They are currently out of town on a cruise.