IGNORED

Cruise control problem

I noticed tonight that my cruise control will cancel if I put the foot brake pedal on. However, if I pull in the clutch or if I apply front brake the cruise will not release. I thought I would ask the knowledgeable group if anyone has experienced this or would have a pretty good idea where to start looking. Will get out the service manual tomorrow and have a look. Thanks.

The hand lever switches are located just inboard of the levers. When you pull the lever, the plunger pushes out with a spring which activates the switch that cancels the cruise. I think the brake switch is also in that switch unit. The switches themselves are kinda cylindrical, with 4 wires (I think) coming out.

Does your brake light work with the hand brake? Maybe the plunger is sticking in. Maybe the wires are broken. Maybe there's spooge on the switch contacts. I did remove mine, disassemble and clean them, although it wasn't that easy.

Jeremy

If you didn't notice this before, maybe a previous Owner hard wired both Switches to bypass them. These Switches tend to disengage the Cruise Control caused only by a Bump in the Road. This can be annoying.

If it worked like it should before, both Switches are stuck.