IGNORED

leaking tank

You probably think I'm nuts but the simple way is to remove the entire rear subframe. Most the items on the subframe can stay bolted on just need to be disconnected. The entire assembly can be lifted off and set aside intact by one person. Now, time to put it back on another set of hands come in handy. But this method is a big time saver.

You probably think I'm nuts but the simple way is to remove the entire rear subframe. Most the items on the subframe can stay bolted on just need to be disconnected. The entire assembly can be lifted off and set aside intact by one person. Now, time to put it back on another set of hands come in handy. But this method is a big time saver.

I like this A LOT Snag,, any chance of some pics or some instruction of what bolts to remove from where for him to do this? If its really easy, may even be an easier way to swap out a rear tire on a MK2?

Hey Puc,

All my pics of my bike projects are still on my PC unit which is still packed away in storage so not much help there. Once you have the tupperware and seat off you can see the main bolts for the subframe connections. Four main ones, maybe six. It's been a few years since I did that.The rest is just minor brackets, air lines and some wire connections to unplug. I didn't figure out the trick until after the second time I stripped the bike down.....then with the bare frame I saw how simple the setup was. Got a good laugh out of it the last time I pulled the rear sub off. The next door neighbors wife came out to the garage and was standing there watching me. I asked what's up and she said her husband just came in and said the gorrilla next door just tore his bike in half out back. "I had to see that." I guess it looked kind of odd. Front of bike on the jack and the rest the bike leaning against the wall.

As far a simpler to change the rear tire on a GENII. Don't think so. I still prefer a bike jack and raise it up, drop the right muffler and axle and drop it out the bottom. Two bolts. OK a few pinch bolts to. My saddlebags are the easy ones. Key. Tada!

• 7 months later...