IGNORED

Something had to go

Oldodge

I have reached a point where I have too many "things" going on. I needed to clear the plate a little, thin the herd per say. Just not enough hours in a day to take care of family, work, maintain our home and my in-laws home, maintain the Venture, two antique cars and three daily drivers. Something needed to go. It is not a physical thing you understand, just a gnawing feeling that I am always strapped for time. So I decided to downsize to one antique car.

Leaving.jpgOld cars, cars in general, were the bond that kept Dad and I close. I lost Dad last April, I think of him a lot, but letting go of the car has brought back a ton of memories. Bitttersweet memories, but it is all good. Dad never really understood why I kept the '41 and the '69. He liked to buy them, fix them up and sell them to get money for the next project. We did quite a few that way. I kept the Dart because it was the car of my dreams in my youth. I had a Road Runner, a Duster, a 'Cuda, etc, but I always wanted a 1969 Dart. The 1941 Dodge was the largest undertaking Dad and I ever did, far from a perfect car and far from what most would want. It has more of Dad and I in it than anything ever should, so when it came time to make a decision on which one to let go of it was an easy decision. Thanks Dad for helping me decide what to do yet again! Attached is a photo of my '69 Dodge Dart GT headed to a new home in West Virginia.

Old cars are special, they carry a lot of memories. I'd love to find a 67 caddy or a 72 chevy custom deluxe to fix up, both were favorites of Dad's and carry a lot of special memories for me. Sorry to see the dart go, but understand the need to thin the herd.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

WOW Dodger,, that Dart was beautiful - sorry it was the one that had go my friend BUT I TOTALLY get where your coming from! THANK YOU for sharing the amazing story about you, your Dad and the love you two shared for restoring cars = BEAUTIFUL!! One of the wonderful things about all of it is that no matter what happens in life (like having to make tough choices like you did) the memories of the time spent with your Father can never be removed = what its all about my friend!!

You two did nice work, it was an HONOR getting to see the pic of the car and getting to read your story! :clap2::clap2::clap2::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

THANK YOU

Puc