IGNORED

Every once in a while you win one

Condor

I bid on a charger for my cell phone on Ebay... lost the other one and I'm to lazy to go into hunt mode.... So the seller has the thing listed for .99¢ with a $5.95 shipping charge, and.... he's in California. I'm high bid when it closes at .99¢...was there ever any doubt... :), and the guy uses some sort of 'non-paypal' payment system for credit card sales, and I go to it, and do the dance. One problem. The system is charging me sales tax on the shipping. That's a no-no in Cal. So I write the seller several messages, using the Ebay system, requesting a revised invoice showing the corrected total with tax on just the .99¢ Never hear a word back from the guy. I try calling him at the phone number I get from Ebay. No answer. So I say screw it and don't pay. About 3 weeks later I get a notice from Ebay saying that the .... at this time.... 'Jerk' has filed a non-pay complaint against me. I respond and file a dispute. A couple of weeks later I get a chastizing notice from Ebay saying I've got a 'strike' against me. I wrote them back and basically say if they support a seller that is doing something illegal, then I have no other alternative but to think Ebay condones illegal activities. About two hours later I get a response that they have deleted the 'strike'. Some of you may say .60¢, what the heck, but it was more than the pricipal. The seller has done over 52,000 Ebay transactions. At .60+ extra per in state transaction, he's pocketing just a few bucks..... BTW I know where he lives and I'm sending Guido to talk to him..... :)

at 52,000 transactions at .62 per transaction, he's made over $32,200.00!!!

He sells items that even have higher shipping, and even though a lot are out of state it still adds up to a bunch for instate sales.

Guest Popeye

My wife called our insurance agent for a $17. bill we didn't owe....agent just said pay it.

Wife called main office [she keeps ALL receipts /bills] and asks why $17.??

After 3 days of hassle on her Spring vacation, she gets two $18.00 credits for previous 'over-payments' AND got the $17.00 removed, since no one could tell her what the charge was for...she also told 'em she had a chat with the State Insurance Commissioner's Office, which was true.

Now, she learns the $17.00 charge was for all customers & they all will be getting refunds/credits, automatically.

She didn't care about the $17. much, but it was the lack of explanation & the principle of the thing.

We are now looking for a new insurance agent.

Guest gallantwrider

Great for sticking to your guns. I think alot of people would just pay it and say what the heck...but this guy is racking up quite a profit at "everyones" expense. I agree, it's the pricipal of the thing.

My wife really goes after these kind of guys also. Drives me up a wall sometimes but she IS right.

She fought with the phone company one time over .21 cents, went on for 3 or 4 months.

I don't know how it turned out, I was afraid to ask....LOL But I bet she got it.

Jerry