IGNORED

Bleeding clutch

Larry1963

Lately I have posted on here about my problems with bleeding the clutch, and read a bunch of great advice. However, I could not get my clutch bled on my 07 Venture. The problem according to me was that the angle which the clutch reservoir was at, most of the fluid was on the opposite side of the bowl. I even stood the bike up straight and still seemed to have problems, I even borrowed a power bleeder, again once I got everything sealed so no air was getting anywhere, I would pump up the power bleeder open the bleed valve, I couldn't shut it off in time before it was sucking air at the reservoir. And I suffer from I use to be a damn good aircraft mechanic, worse a hydraulic troop in the USAF, 18 years ago LOL.

How I made it work, I took the clutch reservoir off the bike positioned it so it was level, filled it with fluid, pumped up the power bleeder opened the bleed valve and wham, all the air was out, shut everything off, took the top of the clutch reservoir again, put fluid in it, and did it one more time for good measure. Then with the clutch lever off the bike sitting up and level I filled it with fluid, but it all back together and works like new.... I know this is a temp fix I need a new slave cylinder, mine as a slow leak.

Bottom line, got it fixed and even got to go for a short ride today, it was about 70 degree at 4 pm and long sleeve shirt was all that was needed.

I remember when I first joined the AF and become an aircraft mechanic. I worked for an older civilian that was retired military. One of the first big jobs I was doing I could not get a pin to go through the hole, just as I was about to get a hammer and make it go, he stopped me and told me said if it needed a hammer someone would have told you, if to doesn't work right the first time, take your time, put it down, do not force it, ask for help.

But never give in. Well I have carried that advice a long time because it works.