IGNORED

Computer help

Black Owl

Okay, so I'm a total Ludite (sp) when it comes to computers. So, can someone walk me through a process here to get ride of notifications of offerings on Ebay, new messages posted etc. Not sure what I did, or did not do, but for the past month or so, I have been getting E-mail notifications for Venture items being sold on Ebay. And I no longer own a Venture. So, how do I stop getting these notifications???? Any help would be much appreciated. But it needs to be real simple instructions.:big-grin-emoticon:

Seems how no one else wants to take a shot at this I will Blackowl,, gonna be the blind leading the blind here though:big-grin-emoticon:

Up in the upper right hand corner of any page on VR you will see "settings" - first icon left of your "logout" button. Click on "settings". Scroll all the way down to the last "settings" button found on the left side of your screen. Click on that "settings" icon. Make sure none of the 4 boxes found in this area are checked, if they are - click on that box to uncheck them and make sure you click on "save" before you leave that page..

Nice try Puc but that is only for notifications about "Post Thanks". Russell, you have apparently changed something in the admin panel. I would have to login as you to figure it out if you don't. If you want me to do that, you need to send me a PM with your password.

Only thing I can think of is a selection on the eBay Communication Preferences tab.

Sign into your account on eBay.

See tabs with Activity, Messages, Account

Click on Account

Menu on left: Communication Preferences

Check the list to see if anything on there looks like it might be sending notifications.

This one is probably the one sending you info on Ventures:

Click on Activity tab

Menu on left

Find Searches you follow

Should see a list of searches you follow, Venture????

On right click on More Actions then unfollow

This issue should be resolved. I'm not sure why it just now started being a problem. Moderators have the option of getting every new post via email and that option was selected for Russell. Several years ago, I gave the moderators the option of having it set that way and Owls has been that way every since. No changes had been made but apparently he just started getting them for some reason. At any rate, I turned it off so he shouldn't get them now.