IGNORED

Oh California, How I Miss You

Dale124

Well, Last weekend I tucked my bike away for a long winters nap. The upcoming weather is certainly not my favourite time of year. Winter is indeed on it's way. I did have a great summer though, highlighted by going to Venture West, in Yreka, California (a motorcycle rider's paradise). My friend, fellow VR member Doug Ivey, led the way to Yreka and took us on an awesome detour when it was time to head home, going through Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, and Montana. (Ahh, memories)

At the VW rally, we met up with some folks we saw in The Dalles at last years VW, and some new acquaintances that I had not met yet.

Nanci Rogers and Victor Tibbs were awesome hosts, and took us on some great local rides. My favourites being the ride up to Happy Camp, where they have a Sasquatch Museum, of all things, and the ride up Mount Shasta.

Nanci even took us on a "PIE RUN" one evening, which was great! (the lemon merengue was fab!!)

Anyway, I have attached a few pictures of this area, and if you look closely enough, you might even see a "Lone Eagle" standing in the middle of a deserted highway!

Dale

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Beautiful Dale, looks like you folks had an AWESOME time at Venture :thumbsup: West this year!!

Not to :witch_brew: or nuttin like that but gotta ask,, does Vic ( @LoneEagle ) know that you did before and after breakfast :photographing:'s of him? :big-grin-emoticon:

attachment.php?attachmentid=102307&d=1447259536

attachment.php?attachmentid=102308&d=1447259536

Would have LOVED to have shared that time with you guys BUT - having you share these helps a LOT!! Thanks Dale!!

We certainly missed having you there, Puc. I hope we see you at the next one.

Dale.

Awe - thanks Dale, missed you guys too!! If we make it and you and that @divey show up, the first thing Tip and I are gonna do is collar you two and finish our conversation we started in the bar and never finished it :thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon::fingers-crossed-emo

Hey Dale, sorry to hear you had to put the bike up for the season.

It was great meeting you and everyone else at this years VW and hope to see everyone again at the 2016 event wherever it may be.

Doesn't matter to me where it is, I plan to be there.

Stay Warm!

Dale124.JPGIMG_2574.JPG

Hey Dale, rest easy my friend. Northern Cal is doing its version of Canadian weather called "Canafornia". As we "speak" it is snowing in the City of Mt Shasta with rain and high winds. No snow in Yreka thus far. The highest temps we've had in the past 3 weeks has been about 58. God bless heated gear! As far as next year's VW Lone Eagle post a comment a couple of days ago and with that I'm on a hunt for the thread....on ward!