IGNORED

ignitech pick up coil question

i have an ignitech TCI, Im sure someone can answer this, i have no spark when cranking, i can fire the ignition manually using the ignitech software and get spark at the plugs. is there anywhere i can see the pick up coil signal? I see it displays polarity, and it does go from red to green when i crank it, so i assume it is seeing something correct? if that is correct, is there anything that would stop it from sending the fire signal to the plugs? safety switch? or something? Im at the end of my rope trying to figure this out.

alittle background of when this started was, my connector from the TCI to wiring harness was loose, so i hard wired it, i did one wire at a time, so im sure i didnt miss wire, but...Thanks in advance for your help!!

Edited by jdog910

There are interlock options in the ingitek software, that if turned on, could result in non-fire. I would first look to make sure you have not accidently turned off the e-stop switch on the right handle bar. Also interlock circuit on the bike that could cause issues, such as side stand down while in gear. Try to start with side stand up, and clutch lever pulled.

i was looking at the maps i had and the one had input 2 set to kill switch, the one i had loaded had both set to off, so i loaded the first one and SPARK!!!! wow i have been fighting this thing for a year now and thats all it took??? THANKS you guys!! i never thought to look at the interlock, still dont know how it switched it self off though, but ill take what i can get.

so you loaded a map with an interlock input set to off (or the map became corrupted) and this was perceived as a fault condition by the ignitech and prevented firing?? Like the setting overrided the actual signal input from the clutch or kickstand switch? I have an ignitech in my bike recently and have the cable to look into it but haven't even looked yet.