IGNORED

Speciality tool needed

GolfVenture

I have a shofar that I need to clean out.

What I'd like is a tool that I can hook to a drill,

were the shaft is flexable like a speedometer cable,

has a ruff round ball at the end and acts like a very ruff sand paper.

I need to snake it through the shofar.

file:///C:/Users/Brian%20Tschabold/Downloads/2015%20Israel/Shilo1.jpegShilo1.jpg

:lightbulb:just occured to me.. Years ago I bought a flexible reach tool from an Auto Parts store. It has a push button on it that forces out metal fingers to pick up bolts and parts that have fallen into obscure places. I am sure that by removing the little plastic push button and attaching the end where the push button once was you could put that end of the internal cable into a drill chuck and spin the inner cable with the drill. You would also be able to move the "fingers" in and out to get desired "ball" diameter as you are working down the inside of the horn.. You could even bend the fingers to form an actual ball shape if you wanted.. Not sure if they make them long enough for your application BUT - any reason why you could not work from both ends?

Another thing that popped into my mind would be just to go to a Bicycle shop and get a cable for a bike - they sell em at all kinds of lengths for cheap. Cut the end of the cable off and fray it to create a ball on the end. Mount the other end of the internal cable in your drill and grind away.. :thumbsup:

Get a length of #14 copper wire, wind some steel wool around the end and secure it with black tape about 4-6" from the end. Put the other end in the drill and you have your tool. You'll need to know which way the drill will run and wind it accordingly. The more you put on the bigger the ball becomes as you increase the speed of the drill. Not perfect, but will do the job.

If the diameter is not to great get a cylinder hone. It will have the abrasive balls already on it,the shaft is flexible and if to short can be fixed to marcarl's copper wire.They can be got in different diameters,just get the size you need up to 4" I think.

BTW what is it you are trying to clean out of there? Would vinegar work? or a mild Meuratic Acid?