IGNORED

Day three stuck in bed....:(

Great White

I'm not as young as I used to be either. Might surprise some of you who have met me and a few that haven't, that I used to be proud to deadlift almost 2x my bodyweight. Not a huge deal to some, but awesome for me considering I have cerebral palsy. I was kinda hoping to be able to do some of the things I did in my 20s...instead I get yelled at in PT if I bend at the waist. Keep in mind I'm in pt to rehab my shoulder. Starting to wonder if I will have a decent quality of life or am I getting told more bad news.

Getting old sucks!!

Right there with ya Bongo. IMHO, it seems like I was blessed with the ability to dodge problems - looking back I remember saying "wow,, that was close" a lot thru the years. Now adays it seems like my dodging abilities are vanishing and I have to adjust my life to avoid problems and the exhilaration of getting to say "wow that was close" has almost vanished too. That little window of time to respond to crisis seems to have gotten very narrow. Sort of a big mind game with me,, used to be I could jump on the bike - rip er up to 100, great big ole :big-grin-emoticon: on my face.. Now even before I twist the grip I have visions of flat tires, dogs running in front of me, kids on cell phones pulling out front of me, cops hiding behind trees running radar.. Almost like I caught the Yammer Dan disease or something,, you know the disease I am talking about? Its the one that causes you to spend all your time looking around a restaurant for yourself when someone asks if your you:big-grin-emoticon:

I keep thinking maybe it's the changing to yet another phase of life that makes it suck but still not sure... If anyone figures it out PLEASE let us know.:big-grin-emoticon:

Still waiting for the results of the CT scan, but the doctor told the girl who makes the appointments to tell me there's nothing seriously wrong. No more info than that for now.

I am walking now, and I don't need the walker.

Still can't bend at the middle or pick things up off the floor though and I always have a cane with me. More so to just transfer my weight on to it if my back starts protesting than to actual use while walking. Still can't sit in anything but a recliner for more than a few minutes at a time.

But it's progress. I'll take it.

:)

However, the doc and I are going to have a rather frank convo about WTH is going on. It started in 2002 and flares up every 1.5-2 years. This is the worst it's been since I first injured it. It's time to stop pussy footing around and figure out WTH is wrong.

I refuse to live my life wondering when or what is going to put me on the floor without at least know WHY it's happening. If they can't do anything about it that's one thing, but they can at least figure out why it's happening.....

:mad:

I refuse to live my life wondering when or what is going to put me on the floor without at least know WHY it's happening. If they can't do anything about it that's one thing, but they can at least figure out why it's happening.....

:mad:

Brother you NAILED it with that one!! Kinda like trying to catch a shadow sometimes, spent the better part of yesterday with my wife in the ER - she is having a hard time with her breathing - no real answers and have to proceed to a Pulminary doctor this coming week. More Doctors and more tests. Seems like between the two of us we are spending way to much time (and :mo money::hurts:) just trying to figure out what in the wild world of sports is going on..

In your case, having gone thru 5 back surgery's myself, I highly recommend getting a good Neuro Surgeon involved. I had shattered Facet Joints that no other Doctors seem to be able to see - even though they had taken MRI's and Cat Scan's. After going thru all kinds of Message and Physical Therapy, cortizone shots, dealing with our local Pain Clinic and taking tons of Pain Killers (those nasty Vicodin and Norco can sure make it hard to go pooo pooo) I finally landed in the hands of a competent Neuro Surgeon who, after shaking his head in disappointment that I hadnt gotten to him first (made the comment about how fortunate I was that one of those tiny bone fragments didnt do irrepairable damage to the nerve bundle during prior therapy :scared:), found the source of my severe pain after a short review of my MRI's.

In the end I was:think: as to why on earth I didnt begin the process with the Neuro Surgeon in the first place. Hind sight being 20/20 and all that, had I of known then what I know now I would have certainly done exactly that:whistling:

Something to consider GW. Prayers Up my friend!

Puc

Sometimes you also have to wonder if it was really a good idea to open Pandora's box and learn about what you didn't know before too as is the case of the chiari I have. I'm glad to see you can walk better at least GW. Always something to be happy about.

"F" that Pandora biotch I say! Crack that box wide open so I know what I'm dealing with right friggin' now!

I'm the type that would rather know so I can face it head on rather than being lead around only to be told the same thing at the end of the trail.

I want the KNOW so I can formulate my own plan for my own life.

Yeah, I'm the "just rip the damned band aid off" type guy.

If it all falls apart, at least you know what you're dealing with.

If you don't even know what you're dealing with, how can you ever figure out what to do about it?