IGNORED

HELP NEEDED! 1NL-83972-50-00 Switch

You are talking the red push to start switch, right? I'm surprised no one has a right hand controller for sale on ebay...

Sorry I don't have one but I'm sure someone here does, I used to have spares but gave them away a couple of years ago.

Did you try to disassemble and repair the switch?

My starter switch is shot, and I am trying to source a different work one, 1NL-83972-50-00 (right hand side, not the turn signals). No luck on ebay is there someone who has parts from another bike or can suggest someone.

You are talking the red push to start switch, right? I'm surprised no one has a right hand controller for sale on ebay...

Sorry I don't have one but I'm sure someone here does, I used to have spares but gave them away a couple of years ago.

Did you try to disassemble and repair the switch?

Take it apart and have a look at it.

There's not much too them and they come apart very easily.

It's really just a couple contacts and a spring IIRC....

What symptoms are causing you to think the START button/switch is bad?

There were several right hand switch gears available on eBay (used, of course). Enter "XVZ start" in the eBay search box.

But, the START switch is fairly robust and simple and not prone to wearing out. It IS prone to dirty contacts, though. Gary Dinges produced an excellent tutelage on cleaning the various switches on the handlebars. Perhaps as a Trial Member, you are not allowed access to all the Technical Library has to offer. If you are allowed, check out the First Generation Technical Library. There you find how to disassemble and clean the START switch.

And @bongobobny, the START button has never been red. Black or gray.

Edited by Prairiehammer