IGNORED

Just a little advice...

I recently bought a 2nd Gen RSV and wasn't really happy with the stereo sound. It seemed hard to hear and distorted really easy no matter what settings I had it on.

Here is what I did and I am VERY happy with the sound! Nice crisp, clear and loud.

I have always kind of thought of myself as a phone guy. I am constantly messing with my phone. I have a ton of apps and am always trying new ones.

Anyway, since I had first got my Android Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (about 1 1/2 yrs ago) I downloaded an app called Poweramp. I was so impressed I even paid for it later on.

I thought I would try playing my music through that app and my Aux cable and ADJUST the equalizer settings on the app.

Wow what a difference!! No distortion and VERY clear sound!

Poweramp has a built in Amp and equalizer. When I got the sound how I wanted set on my phone while playing through the speakers on my bike, I then adjusted my bike settings. What I did? I turned auto volume off completely and moved treble to +6 and bass to - 2. I use front and back speakers.

Now, obviously your not going to get the bass from these little speakers as you would in a car but the sound I have is absolutely clear and crisp.

80mph with 25mph wind today, I had my phone set just over half on volume and my dial set to 25 on my bike and it was loud enough that I could hear it like sitting in a car. Give it a try.

I am VERY happy with the sound I have on my bike now! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing about the app that you used.

Glad to hear you have the sound the way you want it. Since you are a trial member I will point out in case you haven't found out about it yet. The stereo has a volume control for the speed you are doing, so the faster you go the more the volume will raise to equal the road noise. I listen to the radio thru the speakers and have mine set at 16 and it comes thru loud and clear. If I really like the song then I will increase the volume to 18, but my wife sometimes thinks that is too loud.

• 3 weeks later...
I recently bought a 2nd Gen RSV and wasn't really happy with the stereo sound. It seemed hard to hear and distorted really easy no matter what settings I had it on.

Here is what I did and I am VERY happy with the sound! Nice crisp, clear and loud.

I have always kind of thought of myself as a phone guy. I am constantly messing with my phone. I have a ton of apps and am always trying new ones.

Anyway, since I had first got my Android Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (about 1 1/2 yrs ago) I downloaded an app called Poweramp. I was so impressed I even paid for it later on.

I thought I would try playing my music through that app and my Aux cable and ADJUST the equalizer settings on the app.

Wow what a difference!! No distortion and VERY clear sound!

Poweramp has a built in Amp and equalizer. When I got the sound how I wanted set on my phone while playing through the speakers on my bike, I then adjusted my bike settings. What I did? I turned auto volume off completely and moved treble to +6 and bass to - 2. I use front and back speakers.

Now, obviously your not going to get the bass from these little speakers as you would in a car but the sound I have is absolutely clear and crisp.

80mph with 25mph wind today, I had my phone set just over half on volume and my dial set to 25 on my bike and it was loud enough that I could hear it like sitting in a car. Give it a try.

I am VERY happy with the sound I have on my bike now! [emoji6]

So with the equalizer app you can adjust the frequency of the lows, mids and highs, right?

I rarely use the bikes speakers but the Ed Sets for our helmets AND the bikes speakers sound waaayy too tinny for my ears!

I for one will check into it.

Thanks for the info!

Yes... You can make all adjustments you want. If I remember correctly, it's a 9 band equalizer built in. Can even adjust tone settings. Great app! Give it a try. I'm sure you will like it.

I will. I've got a Brigadier Android I have mounted to the bars and I have the Accuradio app but the tuner on these RSVs remind me of the old drive-in movie speakers.

I've gotten used to not using the radio for the most part.

I'll let you know what I think in a week or two.

Thanks again

If I am traveling anywhere beyond very local I use earbuds. I have built a cable I can plug them into. Way better sound than you could get out of the speakers on the bike. They are not even an expensive pair. I think maybe $20 off e-bay, a pair of sony explodes of some sort.

I understand what your saying but I myself can only hear out of one ear and I can't risk wearing an ear bud in the only ear.. Lol! LOTS of people do it though.. I know. I just like being able to control the sound coming from the speakers. I am a car audio guy and this is the best I have found.. So far!

Allright then. I downloaded the Poweramp app but you can only use the equalizer for music and programs from that app., which all I wanted was the EQ because I've had Accuradio for 7 years and there I have all my favs set up, and there's no way to link to another source like that or Pandora to Poweramp as far as I can tell.

So, with your idea I searched around and found Music Volume EQ for Androids. The reviews were excellent so I downloaded it.

I took the phone out to the RSV this afternoon and plugged it into the Aux jack on the bike.

Before I turned the phone on I listened to the tape deck then several FM stations for sort of a reference without making any changes.

I turned the phone on, went to Accuradio then turned on the Aux setting with the bike speakers like normal again for reference. Before I turned on the EQ I set the bikes audio bass and treble to 0.

After all that I turned on the MVEQ.....holy smokes, nothing! WTH?

The EQ app volume was at 0! Lol

Turned it up and got the volume going. Immediately I went to the equalizer and started tweakin! All I can say is Wowee and why didn't I try this a long time ago!

There are 8 factory presets that are so-so, but you can set up custom presets of which I put in 4.

The difference is astonishing. The RSV speakers came alive and made a huge difference, but the real kicker was the improvement with the Ed Set helmet speakers! The clarity is 10 times better and no more "drive-in movie" grade sound!

The app has a bass boost too, which is what my ears were looking for going down the road.

Did I mention the app is free?

Although I didn't use the app you suggested, it got me pointed in the right direction.

I'd recommend this app to anyone who uses their phone music app and is disappointed with the sound quality through any bike sound system.

Thanks!