IGNORED

Swing Arm Question

It seems as though lately EVERY THING I attempt turns into a big fiasco. I guess it is just a time in life when we are supposed to learn.......I don't know but Im sure there is a lesson in here somewhere.

Servicing my swing arm...bearings look good repack & reassemble. been a project over a period of several days...(work schedule & other issues) etc. The question I have is I have torqued the left side first...then the right, the left side seal appears to be flush with(up against) the frame while the right side is not, i.e. I can see threads on the pivot bolt on the right side. (The seal is not flush, or up against the frame). Almost like there should be a spacer in there or something. Is this normal? also the lock nut is only on about half a nut. is that normal. Probably didn't pay as much attention as I should have when disassembling....Hey maybe that's the lesson!!!!!

Thanks Mel

O.K. got swing arm back together & torqued to spec......72 left 5.1 right. looks more normal. The only question I have at this point is, on right side pivot bolt there are some bolt threads showing between frame & swing arm, Is this normal?

Thanks, Mel

Thanks I appreciate you posting that picture for me....Don't know why I couldn't get it to post probably to big.... Not real computer literate. Any way is the space between the swing arm & frame normal?

Thanks for all the help, Mel

That doesn't look right to me. Mine does have a small gap but not enough to see any threads. It may just be how your swingarm was manufactured or your torque wrench is way off. If you tighten that side too much it will tend to push the swingarm away from the frame.