IGNORED

Turn out the lights........the party's over.........Vogel

DragonRider

Tail of the Dragon @ Vogel VII is over, another successful fundraising event for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves at this years event even with the changes in format. We had a little excitement, a lot of fun, good rides, good food and even had a very special little lady and her family stop by and visit with us. The first ride of the event was lead by Cowboy on an approximate 250 mile loop of the N. Ga. mountains Some of us went over to Helen, Ga. for lunch on the river and watch all the tubers go by. On Friday we rode the Cherahola Skyway in route to The Dragon where we met up with another group that departed later than we did. Everyone made it safely over and back even though there were showers in the area and roads were a little wet. Another group went on a ride after the gathering at the shelter to Brasstown Bald.

Now for the excitement, StormRaven, myself, and 86er were returning to the park after our ride to Helen and while riding up 129 over Blood Mountain, when the mountain tried to draw a little blood from Mike aka StormRaven. Going into one of the turns he got into some loose gravel on the road and the bike slid, Mike stood the bike up trying to save it, and almost did when he ran out of shoulder and rode the bike down the embankment and ended up pinned between the tree and his bike. His foot was pinned under his exhaust pipe and was burning his foot through his boot. A good Samaritan was able to help me lift the bike up so Mike could get his foot out. Mike was very lucky, he had very minor injuries, which was surprising to me. It took about an hour to get the bike up, and when we did, it was basically unscathed, a couple of bent brackets for the passenger foot rest, loose mirrors, but no major damage at all.

I will post about our special guest in another post a little later. Attached are a few pics of us having a great time.

I want to thank each and every person who attended this year, without your participation this would be just another event, but your love for each other and love of St. Jude makes this event a memorable one, and this year this year was, to me the best, but because of our special guest it was extra special to me and many others.

I also want to thank all my helpers who stepped up to lend a hand selling raffle tickets, Adrian & Todd, our chef Jamie, Paula and Charlene doing their usual setting up and making sure everyone got served with enough food and drink,thanks also to Joe and Bobbie for donating a beautiful handmade Afghan, to Ken Derret for donating a ton of first aid kits, Joe and Mary for leather goods, Sonny and Donna for more leather goods. and a big thanks to Cowboy aka, Brian Shoemaker for leading a group ride through the N. Ga. mountains. And to Dana and Missy who came even though Dana was suffering with a severe leg infection and spent most of his time at the ER getting treated, thank you for attending and putting up with our torture. We hope it lifted your spirits a little to help you cope with the pain.

Here are a few stats about the event.

41 people in attendance

10 trikes

9 motorcycles

3, 4 wheeled conveyance

Vogel 2015 102.jpg

Vogel 2015 103.jpg

Vogel 2015 104.jpg

Vogel 2015 091.jpg

Vogel 2015 114.jpg

Vogel 2015 111.jpg

Vogel 2015 117.jpg