IGNORED

Update on the repaint of my '99 RSV, in honor of late 6 year old Princess Emma...

YamahaLarry

As many of you know, I started this process more than 2 weeks ago in honor of a very special princess:2132: that we lost last September due to childhood cancer. The tear down of the bike took me 3 solid nights. I had to do repair work to the lower left faring (a crack and broken off nut holder) and a couple minor dents in the gas tank.

All the body work has been done, primed where needed and all parts have been sanded with 320 grit as recommended by House of Kolor. The pinstriping had to be sanded off and a primer coat went on in those areas. Yamaha replaced my trunk base with a new one at no cost, but still waiting on a plate and I guess fasteners to come in from Japan. Trunk base has also been sanded and pinstripe removed.

The paint process was supposed to have started last night, but when the sealer arrived yesterday, the container had been punctured and a new quart sent overnight. Got it this morning. So now, painting won't begin until Thursday night. This is cutting it close. I MUST have the bike 100% completed before the 22nd for the 2nd Annual Princess Emma bike ride (I am the one hosting the ride). It is not a must that I ride in the ride, but the plan is to unveil the bike at registration with Emma's family present.

So Thursday night, we have to lay 2 coats of sealer, 2 coats of base coat (two-tone), 5 coats of candy paint, airbrush some graphics, and then 3 or so coats of clear. Gonna be a long night. Then on Friday, we will apply painted pinstripes and then a clear coat over that to lock it in.

If all goes well, I can begin reassembly sometime Saturday. I am excited, but my nerves are shot. This is way more stress than I need.

Oh, and another problem I had right out of the gate, HOK no longer can supply their UK17 Violette candy due to unable to get whatever they need for the pigments. Had to go with UK22 Voodoo Voilette. Don't know if I can handle any more obstacles. :depressed:

Prayers Up and Blessings Down for the completion of your project AND for a VERY successful 2nd Annual Princess Emma Ride Larry!! What a remarkable story you have shared!!

Emma, we know you are smiling from Heaven knowing how much you are missed and loved evidence by the above story!! The battle rages on to conquer that horrible illness that took you from us such a short time ago!! RIP Sweetheart!

Pretty darn cool. I have lost 2 of my 3 sons to pediatric cancer and I can't even get myself to watch movies let alone run a foundation I tried to start. Someday for me but they will never be forgotten. God Bless and take care.

Pretty darn cool. I have lost 2 of my 3 sons to pediatric cancer and I can't even get myself to watch movies let alone run a foundation I tried to start. Someday for me but they will never be forgotten. God Bless and take care.

So sorry to hear this and my heart goes out to you. I have gotten close to a few of these kids that ended up losing their life to this horrid disease. I thought I knew about childhood cancer, or at least knew of it's existence, but it wasn't until I met a 6 year old boy everyone called Superman (Thimas J. Sullivan of Ashville, AL) that I really understood that this is not a rare disease, and understood the agony that the families and the patients go thru. It continues to amaze me how these little super heroes face their battles with a smile.

This is not a rare disease, and what many don't realize, it is the #1 non-accidental cause of death to children under the age of 19.

I can't even begin to pretend, or imagine, what you have gone thru and the reality you face each day. God bless you!!!

Oh wow I'm sorry here I thought this was your daughter. I came on here to show that you can survive this and move on. Thank you for all you do for these kids.

Yeah, not daughter, but she and I became very close during her illness. She shaved my head, and I keep it shaved to this day. We did the ice bucket challenge together. My wife and I visited her often, at home and the hospital and was with the family when she left us. And I was a pall bearer. Not daughter, but we were very close.