IGNORED

410 Miles to go to a 275 Mile Destination....

utadventure

I've always been more of a destination type rider while willing to enjoy the scenery along the way. Last weekend when I was invited to go with a new group to ride Beartooth Pass.

Thursday we rode from Salt Lake City to Ashton, ID. Normally I would make the 275 mile trip on a mostly direct route, maybe throw in a few back rodes that would be parallel to the direct route. This group zig zagged back and forth over the mountain passes until we had ridden 410 miles and seen a lot of beautiful roads. This was a little bit of an emotional challenge of a way to ride but fulfilling when I could just ride along and relax.

Friday we took the ride from Ashton to Cody, WY by the long way through Yellowstone, out the NE entrance, through Cooke City and down Chief Joseph Hwy. We stopped for a little bit at Mesa Falls. It was a beautiful visit.

Saturday was a great adventure as we rode to Red Lodge on the east end of Beartooth Pass. We rode up over the top to the west end, had a nice lunch at Cooke City and then rode back to Red Lodge. That completed rides 6 and 7 over Beartooth.

Sunday we rode some back roads back home as we needed to arrive and enjoy some family time. It was a great ride and a learning experience.

Added a few pics along the way. I rode with a neighbor, Paul Tew and his son Gary.

http://s470.photobucket.com/user/utadventure/library/2015%20Beartooth%20Pass%20Guys%20Trip?sort=3&page=1

I've done those rides quite a few times and never get tired of it. Fantastic roads and scenery that I'll no doubt go back and see again. We were there last month and threw in Glacier NP and Lolo pass / Hells Canyon rd. in Idaho. Also must ride trips. :thumbsup2: