IGNORED

plugs, air and fuel filter

Just wanted to share a few thoughts from some one who tackled replacing these items for the first time.

My bike an 07 midnight venture with just over 30,000 miles was running very rough at low speeds and idle and backfiring a lot so I read as much as I could on this site and got my parts and got started first thing I did was replace air filters, I put in new K&N filters. Then I removed the tank to replace the plugs I put in Iridium's and then the fuel here I used a wix and it fit perfectly where the old one was. The air filters and the plugs I thought were easy jobs I did take off the lowers and remove the tank I'm not sure why anybody would try to do these two things without removing them it was super easy. I actually thought the fuel filter was the most difficult taking out the front cover was not an easy task and then getting the filter out, well that thing is crammed in there pretty tight but in the end I got it out and put the new one in. I did this all in one session and it took me just under 3 hours. So if you are contemplating doing these projects yourself go for it, I found it fun and it was nice learning a little bit about my ride. My bike is purring like a kitten now, no more backfiring and running great at lower speeds and the idle is very consistent now. I'm almost wishing I would have test rode my bike in between replacing each component just to see what was causing the problem. Next thing to do is sync the carbs I ordered a carbtune last week so once that gets here that's next. If anybody needs to sync carbs feel free to get ahold of me I would be happy to let you use it.

Jeff

I also got a carbtune and did my own. First time I did a RSV, or a 4 carb setup period. I had difficulties finding that first screw. Eyesight not what it once was. After I finally found it, had to jump in the truck and run to Autozone and get a longer screwdriver. That thing is tucked way back under there in the dark. Only had 1 carb out. 2nd screw I twisted on leveled it all out.