IGNORED

Cleaning the Saddle

dkaiser

I have my 87 stripped down so that is look like something out of a mad max movie. Had to take the saddle off, so I thought since it was off do a good detailing job. Any suggestions on how to clean it and whatever.

D

• 1 year later...

It's nearly impossible to keep from dragging your boots, at least occassionally, across the saddle when you get off your bike. The tan color of the MM really shows dirt. I've tried several different things to clean it and finally found something that really works well. The other day I had it off and was working on the brakes. My hands were really dirty so I used to GoJo to clean them and

:lightbulb: I started rubbing it on the seat and the results were instantaneous. I mean it's almost like new. Give it a try. Worked really well.

I get Mink Oil Paste at a local Horse Tack Shop and it does a fine job of cleaning and softening the Vinyl Seats on my 86' and 87'Vrs. It is a non petroleum based product and costs is reasonable. In my experience, Go-Jo and Armorall will cause the Vinyl to crack over time, but it does do a really good job of stripping grease off.

Just my thoughts,

Earl