IGNORED

Carb Synch/idle adjustment in Houston - help

brummers

Recently purchased 97 RS has been sitting a couple of years. ive put several tanks of fresh gas through her, but still hesitating in 1st , a little in 2nd, especially when cold.

Runs fine at highway speeds in 3,4,5 and after its warmed up.

Im in Houston, can drive the bike to someone willing to help me do my first synch.

Hey Brum, I am a good ways from you so probably not able to be much help with your first Sync.. I will say this though, our Michigan mice LOVE to chew on air breather material, cant imagine your Texas mice would be to much different. Might not be a bad idea to check and see if the element in your air cleaner (s) (dont know if you have one of two - never worked on an RS before) is complete with no major holes in it.. Place to start anyway..

May also try a tank or two of Seafoam additive and then change your plugs.. Best wishes finding someone to assist in your first carb sync too!!

Puc

• 2 weeks later...

Big thanks to Squidley for getting me adjusted today and showing me around these 4 carbs.

I didn't expect it, but Squidley even had a replacement for my burnt out passing lamps! Above and beyond!

Got the carbs synched up and the idle set properly. The PO had the idle pretty low, maybe for more of a V-twin rumble, but it was bogging me down in first gear. The overall performance and riding experience is now much improved.

No more hesitation and the popping is about 10% of what it was when decelerating. (have some old aftermarket slipons that are probably leaking a bit.)

Thanks again,