IGNORED

Thanks to ACE for the redneck "trailer" build...

friesman

I would like to thank our VRO member ACE for building me a fantastic trailer hitch and redneck trailer for my RSV, I love it. Ive been using it for a while now but finally got around to taking a couple of pics to show everyone here here. Its great to be able just pickup what I need and thrown it in the bin and then strap onto the "trailer". I just never liked the thought of towning a trailer behind the bike and this is a fantastic compromise.

Thanks Brett! I sure appreciate your time and effort!

I apologize that some pics are upside down , but I don't know how to fix it......

IMG_0645.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0657.JPG

Habfan,....I don't think I would want to put too much weight in there, I was looking for something to carry the bulky light stuff. Raingear, jackets etc even a spare helmet. I have used it to carry my portfolio case etc to meetings at times. I wanted something low as these bikes have enough weight up top already, being low also didn't seem to effect my gas mileage as it seems to be about the same level as the side bags.

I had it loaded down today with about 30 lbs in it with no effect on my handling, but I didn't have a passenger. This one is made out of steel, Squidley has made a couple out of Aluminum to save weight. Your size is also limited as I don't think you don't want to go wider than your bags, Mine measures 15x 22 inside.

It was my pleasure to build you your hitch and rack. I'm glad its working out for you. If you ever have any problems with it, don't hesitate to give me a shout, those items have a lifetime warranty for a stand up guy like yourself!