IGNORED

"New" seat

Got the seat back from Rich's Custom Seats, looks great, love the colors. Keeping it clean in the New Mexico dust? Doubtful. Bike and seat are currently 1200 miles apart, so it will be a few months before I can do a butt test on it. So when I get back there, it's install the seat, "shim" the jet needles (:bowdown: cowpuc), install the COPs, gas and go!IMG_4584.jpgIMG_4585.jpgIMG_4586.jpgIMG_4587.jpgIMG_4588.jpg

VERY NICE!!! I like the colors too. So where is this Ricks custom seats located? I have a GW seat I may consider having done as long as I don't have to go back out in the employment world to do it.

You can find them on the interweb at richscustomseats.com. I talked to Quint, he was able to get enough info to do my order from afar, although they really prefer you to bring your bike by so they can take measurements with you on the bike, both at a stop and in riding position.

Also you can pick from their range of colors, stitching, gel pads and so on. They are in Washington state, I think on an island in the Sound, so riding from Ole Miss out there wasn't an option for me.

Prepare yourself tumblr_m04mw3GxHm1qa1iiqo1_500.jpg: the price for mine was near 7 benjies, but that included shipping, plus I got new padding. This had better be one comfy seat!:mo money::mo money:

Thanks, looking forward to planting my tushie on it for a mountain ride! Between Cloudcroft and Las Cruces is Highway 70, which passes White Sands on the right and the Organ Mountains on the left. Should be a beautiful ride up and over the pass.

I live not far from Rich's; about an hour's ride, a little less. He did my seat, rider's and passenger back rests and the pad around the travel bag. He got me and the wife on the bike, sized it up, extended the back end of the seat for her, lowered the rider's height for me (I'm 5' 7" and a little short on one end to comfortably get my feet on the ground); installed gel pads front and back to avoid the monkey butt and we had the riders end heated as I ride year round. Rich is NOT on a island, he's in Kingston, WA. Not far from Silverdale/Bremerton area.

NO he's not cheap, he does excellent work, and backs it up. You get UPGRADES to your butt's experience (never a bad thing) and so far as I know is done in 1 day.

Let's say you want the full benefit of Rich's work; that would be CUSTOM FITTING to your back side...but you're outta town (from far away); well Rich has his own rooms for rent to travelers who are having their seats done! Nice place! It's upstairs above the shop. Think of staying at your parent's except the kitchen is there outside your room. Nice beds, Internet (lap top there for everyone's use) TV, living room (a common area), in a secure area. There are restaurants, grocery, and drug stores all within walking distance. So staying there won't cost a lot like say staying at Days Inn and eating at the place there. You can get groceries and cook your own food right there. Just clean up after yourselves. The place is SPOTLESS.

Rich's is a family outfit. Hos wife runs the office, the daughter does (by my observation) most of the sewing, the crew shape and contour the pads at Rich's personal direction. It's quite a process. There are others there getting seats upgraded/repaired, re-covered. You can hang out in the shop (just stay outta the way of course) or in the waiting room out front in the reception area. I have a post here some place of my seat....

Edited by dna9656