IGNORED

2nd gear issue; easy yes or no answer needed

A little cosmetic distress is no big deal, no one (other than you) will ever see the final drive hiding behind the saddle bags. It would be more of a PITA to transfer the gears and have to go through the whole shimming process to get the mesh correct.

A little cosmetic distress is no big deal, no one (other than you) will ever see the final drive hiding behind the saddle bags. It would be more of a PITA to transfer the gears and have to go through the whole shimming process to get the mesh correct.

No worries, I'm an old hand at setting up gears. Yammy only calls for a shim calculation but I'll probably do the gear blue test to make sure. I'll have all winter after all.

The rear drive I'll just strip down and refinish. It's easy enough and even if no one else sees it, I'll know it's there!

;)

the gears showed up today. Looks darned near factory fresh. Barely even a hint of contact of the gear faces and not a lick on the shift drum or shift forks.

:)

Edited by Great White

best fix is to fit 86 + gear set there are a lot of upgrades there and the ratios are the same.

If you do change the gear set yous your shims on the new gear set so your midal gear will line up right

Already ordered and received a complete 2002 RSV gearbox. Sitting on the bench right now. VMax final drive is on. It's way....