IGNORED

First Gen MK II Passenger Armrests

Has anyone tried mounting an aftermarket passenger armrest on a MK II seat? The co-pilot needs one and I'm having a time looking for one that fits close with minimum fabrication? Was looking at maybe a mid-80's GW set on ebay, but the fit looks strange.

Some time ago, I purchased a passenger armrest on eBay. The seller claimed it was off a 1987 Venture.

When I received it, I could not for the life of me, figure out how it was mounted on a MKII. As I researched the possibilities, I came to the realization that the armrest was originally intended for a mid-eighties Goldwing. The PO had removed the two tabs that would have clamped the armrest (via U-bolts) to a bar on the Goldwing.

I put the armrest on the shelf and continued my search for passenger armrests intended for the Venture. Never did find any.

Jim Crane @Jayceesfolly asked on this forum about wanting armrests and I gave those Goldwing armrests to him. He was going to cut and weld the brackets to fit the Venture. Subsequent to sending the armrests to Jim, I discovered a write-up in which a Venturer member had modified the exact same Goldwing armrests to fit his Venture. I sent that document to Jim.

Below is the Goldwing bracket that I had, and a pic of unmodified Goldwing bracket. And below is the mod in .pdf format.

Good luck!

passenger arm rest bracket 1.jpgpassenger armrests swingout GL1100.jpg

armrests from Gold Wing.pdf