IGNORED

Cell phone help: Blackberry

Jethroish

Got a new(used) Blackberry 7290 for my daughter. She just HAD to have it. We cannot get any ringtones or such to transfer from my phone (samsung) via bluetooth. Her BB has a message on top that says "data connection refused."

Any help from a Blackberry savy user is appreciated.:smash2:

Just PM me.

Thanks

Who do you have your service with? Verizon is notorious for disabling the transfer of Ringtones. They want you to have to purchase them. There are usually ways around it though. I use a program called BitPim to transfer them to my Verizon phone.

If you can pull the ringtones off the Samsung on to your desktop, you might be able to transfer them to the BB from the desktop.

Easy enough because most of my ringtones were downloaded to my Samsung via microSD card. But now I am not sure how to get the BB to work with laptop. Plug-and-play does not recognize the BB.

Me, I just use my phone to talk.

Jethro,

I have a Black Berry Pearl. Mine also says the same thing, but only "after" I stopped the Internet access I had signed up for when I got the thing.

I'll likely re-issue the internet access in the summer again because I like to have access to the weather site on the internet. I get the radar images for oncoming rain while I st up a Fireworks show. But the extra $30- each month is NOT worth the access during the rest of the year for me.

I liked that I also got email. (Google has a good gmail service) But since it was not "needed" for my regular work, I gave that up too when I dropped the data service.

If you want to get data connection for her BB, you'll need to call your provider & add that service. Once a teen gets that service, I'll bet dollars to donuts they will not know how to live w/o it.

I hope this helps.

Joe

I hope this helps.

Jethro,

I have a Black Berry Pearl. Mine also says the same thing, but only "after" I stopped the Internet access I had signed up for when I got the thing.

I'll likely re-issue the internet access in the summer again because I like to have access to the weather site on the internet. I get the radar images for oncoming rain while I st up a Fireworks show. But the extra $30- each month is NOT worth the access during the rest of the year for me.

I liked that I also got email. (Google has a good gmail service) But since it was not "needed" for my regular work, I gave that up too when I dropped the data service.

If you want to get data connection for her BB, you'll need to call your provider & add that service. Once a teen gets that service, I'll bet dollars to donuts they will not know how to live w/o it.

I hope this helps.

Joe

I hope this helps.

If I can just get the BB and my laptop to cooperate, I hope I can just transfer tones from my puter.

I told her the best thing to do is to find a firend that has the same or similar phone.