IGNORED

Avon Cobra AV71 Replacement for AM41?

awsmsrv

I just noticed the AV71 and no AM41 in the J&P catalog that hit my doorstep yesterday. http://www.jpcycles.com/product/210-230 They also had several listed in NWW and WWW. Looks like a nice tire and one built for Cruising, not street performance. I'll give them a try when I need to replace any on the RSV's. Only trouble is these E3's are wearing like iron..... :whistling:

Just put a set of the Cobras on my bike, initial impression is very good, but new tires always feel good on my bike. Will let you know after a 1000 miles or so. Did notice sidewalls have a knurled pattern on them, was wondering if they made some changes due to cracking issues? I never had that problem on mine tho.

Craig

Cobras have had the snakeskin design on the sidewalls for serveral years. I likem. They have always given good mileage for me. I've never had a problem mixing radials and bias ply tires on a bike. The last tire I had on the back of my bike was a Michelin CommanderII with the Cobra radial on the front. Since the MCII, I am currently using the same Cobra on the front with a car tire(GOODYEAR T/A RADIAL)on the rear.