IGNORED

Looking for an iphone style audio solution

So, my venture is a standard model and even though I've just stripped down an 86 royale (AKA: The Pile), I don't plan to use the audio or cb. Outside of it being old and heavy, all the plastic is trashed and I wouldn't be able to install it. Missing the radio head unit anyways.

I don't like the "wired" aspect of it either.

So, what I'm looking for is:

1. Charging the iphone while riding

2. Siri voice control of iphone

3. bluetooth/wireless connectivity

3. wireless/bluetooth intercom (just me and the missus)

4. regular phone use (ie: calling, answering, etc)

5. Listen to mp3 while riding but, and here's the kicker: I want to have the option of listening to it through headphones or dash speakers.

Except for that last one, it seems pretty easy. Sena seems to offer lots of options and a simple iphone charger fits the bill.

But choosing between the headsets or the dash speakers kind of has me stumped.

A small amp and a 3.5 jack would get the dash speakers, but how to keep it from playing over bluetooth when paired and still be able to control it via bluetooth?

Any ideas?

:)

Edited by Great White

So, forging ahead since it seems no one has input yet.

Plan:

Iphone 4 with A2DP disable app (jailbroken phone)

Water resistant handlebar case

30 Pin cable with audio jack

Waterproof speakers

t class mini amp (approx 20W rms per channel)

Later on (need funds recovery first), Sena SMH10 headset to bluetooth to the phone for siri control and phone, blutooth intercom is part of the SMH10.

Will work like so:

Flip open handbar case, plug in cable (other end connected to 5V charger and 3.5 jack to amp), stylus for control while wearing gloves. Iphone will play music and out to the amp which drives the speakers. later on, when the SMH10 gets in to the system, I'll use the app to turn off a2dp so the sena won't play audio unless I chose it. But it will still do phone, siri and intercom.

Except for the sena, I'm up to about 50 bucks in pieces now. Speakers came with "The Pile", amp/cable/case came from ebay.

I went this way because pretty much everything can be hidden away on the bike. It will look like a standard Venture from the audio perspective.

Time will tell how this works out.

:)