IGNORED

Original ignitech program/map

What bike are you referring to? All Ventures and RSTDs are carburated and don't have ignition maps. That is for fuel injection.

I could be wrong here - usually my wife will stop by to let me know - but I don't think so.

RR

EDIT: I now see in the title Ignitech. Read that originally as Ignition. Therefore, I am likely wrong.

I loaded a new map and forgot to save the original. Im having issues with starting now and i want to rule out the map before i go any further.. THANKS!!

I wish I could help, Jason, but the 'maps' I have are for the 1990, I think it is different for the 1986, since the 1990 has only one pick-up. Maybe not. @dingy will chime in here now (now that I have 'paged' him) to offer a solution.

I wish I could help, Jason, but the 'maps' I have are for the 1990, I think it is different for the 1986, since the 1990 has only one pick-up. Maybe not. @dingy will chime in here now (now that I have 'paged' him) to offer a solution.

I think I have him taken care of. I sent 4 different maps out today, but I don't know user name here. Only Jason & his email.

Gary

Checking the pickup coils would be the next thing I would suggest. I have seen several of those be the reason that someone thought they had a bad TCI. Check the pickup coil to harness connector closely. It is a 6 pin connector with 5 pins used. On left side by shock dampener adjuster. There are two 6 pin connectors in that area, the other one is for gear position indicator and it has all 6 pins used. I saw one guys bike that had no improvement with the Ignitech, when I pulled connector apart, it was full of fine sand.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...