IGNORED

Do I need this?

Found this part while cleaning some terminals on the left side of the bike attached to the frame in front of the has tank. I think I installed it years ago to decrease static in the stereo. Doesn't seem to do anything so should I just leave it disconnected? It seems to put our more voltage without it if that's possible.

IMG_1135 (1280x960).jpg

That's a hard call. If you installed it to solve a problem it should still be doing it's job. If you don't need it, then take it off. 1st gens already have a filter in the system.. Two if memory serves. You might try bypassing it and see if all goes well.

By voltage you mean ????

The exposed bare wires on the connector plug are an issue if nothing else.

It appears that two filters (capacitors) where put in parallel, in order to decrease noise in radio/cb/intercom.

That is not a factory setup.

The filters will only effect voltage in the sense that they will smooth out transient spikes. These can be induced by a number of things,ignition issues, switches opening & closing (brake or clutch), relays engaging or releasing.

Gary

So I guess leaving it disconnected won't hurt anything. My voltage meter was showing higher voltage with the engine running after I disconnected it. But, I also cleaned the connectors at the same time. Some of them were pretty bad. So, not sure which caused it.

Edited by Donvito