IGNORED

99 Venture project bike carburetor issues.

Hey guys here is one i can't figure out. After taking the carburetors out and throughly clean then and putting them back on, the bike takes several long cranks to start.

Fully choked once it starts and warms up it will hold idle (although a little high) for just a few seconds a then died.

Is almost like gas stops flowing into them. I disconnect the pump, which I tested and is working correctly, and connected an auxiliary tank straight into gas intake of the carbs with the same results.

As long as I keep reving it stays on.

But if I stop it dies after a few seconds.

Any ideas?

Pilot screws setting start at 2.5 turns out from bottom. Did you clean them as well, or could you not find them?

Vacuum leaks are also a 'look at', but my guess would be to check the sync on all four. Often times people want to adjust the idle, look for a screw to do that with, find one and end up turning a sync screw instead,,, and yes, turning on a sync screw will adjust the idle somewhat, but do nothing for the overall picture,,,, and these motors will run amazingly well when they are out of sync.

DOOOOONNEEEE!!!!

Thank you guys...

I clean the pilot jets, which for some reason got plugged again and adjusted pilot screws to 2.5 turns.

It started right away and keep idle purring like a tiger...

Million thanks for the help guys

well I guess after taking out and cleaning the carburetors 3 times you don't have any other options but becoming good at it. Haha!! Its funny you ask because I think I came up with a very simple an awesome tool for the job. I took one of the bristles from my large metal brush and unbended it from the middle to make it longer. It happens to fit the hole of the pilot jet just perfect and it is hard enough that you can push it through it and take out any obstruction. Highly recommended.

Hmmm never thought it would be stiff enough to go thru. I will add it to my tool box.

By the way what is this jet? The one left of main jet. Can't find it anywhere. You know?

20150322_192800.jpg

Edited by jjven68