IGNORED

BRING CASH - like a Million dollars !!!

SilvrT

It's long been said that if you want to live in the province of British Columbia, Canada (aka BC) you need to Bring Cash (BC=Bring Cash)

Even more so if you want to live in Vancouver as the latest report says that 2/3 of the single family homes in the metro Vancouver area are now at or in excess of a MILLION DOLLARS!!

:mo money: :mo money: :mo money: :mo money:

Question.......

WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO LIVE THERE ?? Is there no space left on the continent?

Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Vancouver is near or at the top of the list as one of the best places in the world to live .... IF you're RICH!

And that is what is driving prices ...

(just in case anyone's wondering ... I'm not rich and I don't live in Vancouver)

Those darn immigrunts anyway. Driving up prices and all.

My family lived there for several years until the poor economy of the region forced a move. Nice place to visit, but..............

Now there was this little Danish bakery down on Hastings that made the absolute bestest mmmmmmm....

Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Wife and I ride transit to work and back home every day. 45 min ride. I'd guess of all those on the same train, 1/3 are English speaking ... the rest speak a variety of other languages and you rarely hear French.

May be something about Pacific Coast shoreline.. Tip, Tweeks and I were on "1" in California following the cliffs, minding our own business. We were just above Bodega Bay headed south, made a sharp turn while following "1" and there right in front of us was a sign on a very small "lot" of land that said "Lot For Sale, $4,350,000.00" on it:scared:. I told Tip that I thought just posting something like that should be illegal!!:big-grin-emoticon:

A couple of years ago there was a story in the news about the ratio of income versus cost of living. I forget exactly how it was worded, but it was speaking of affordability. Vancouver was number one! Meaning the average income was low compared to house prices. This was not just in Canada, it was North America. I don't know how they do it.

Dale

A couple of years ago there was a story in the news about the ratio of income versus cost of living. I forget exactly how it was worded, but it was speaking of affordability. Vancouver was number one! Meaning the average income was low compared to house prices. This was not just in Canada, it was North America. I don't know how they do it.

Dale

the answer is ... multiple families share a single house. It's a common thing with people from other countries. They all work and share everything. Many of the houses have 1 or 2 suites which are rented out.

Then there's the foreign owner who buys up a few choice properties and rents them out ... often times to several university students or young working singles. Several sharing a real nice place can be quite affordable and this is becoming a sort of "trend" in this area.