IGNORED

Windscreens

Guest EDGE540T

Guest EDGE540T

Has anyone tried a larger windscreen on the Venture? My wife complains about some wind buffeting at highway speeds. I feel nothing but she feels a back draft and head shake. I have seen the 1.75” taller screen and was wondering if anyone has tried it or is there another size that I’m not aware of.

Thanks,

I have a Precision Plastics unit that's tall but ALSO wider and it REALLY knocks down on the air the passenger feels. I think it stands up more as well, so your mileage may vary... but it's worked for me. I'm not sure if they still offer this for the Venture, though.

I have the taller and wider Yamaha one on my 01. Like it a lot in fact I took it off last summer and put the standard one back on and my wife didn't like the standard windshield. Got to say I didn't either. Much prefer the larger one.

I had the oversized one on the 89 I had also and really liked it a lot, the new owner took it off right away in favor of a smaller one.

Just whatever feels right to you or more importantally how the boss feels on the back.

Jerry

YOU WORRYABOUT YOU PASSENGER????????:stirthepot:

I took 2" off my standard one, so I can see over it on a misty/foggy day, which we have a lot of in my area...... its better to see..... than to be laying comfortable on the road !!! it's all about personal preference ......JOHN:whistling: