IGNORED

This is all Canadian

SilvrT

Just had this emailed to me ....

You may enjoy watching this video. For those from Alberta, you gotta love this song, don’t ya think?

Anyway, you’ll likely notice Hollywood legend and proud Canadian Leslie Nielsen in the video. Nielson’s father was a Mountie and one of Leslie’s two brothers, the eldest, was in fact the Deputy Prime Minister of Canada from ‘84 – ‘86. And, I bet you didn’t know that Nielsen was legally deaf, having to wear hearing aids most of his life. Nielson was always an ardent supporter of the Mounties, right up until his 2010 death in Florida, from pneumonia of all things. I’ve always wondered how one catches pneumonia in Florida?? Nielsen had the words, “Let ‘er rip” inscribed as his epitaph. Quite the fellow.

Enjoy

www.youtube.com/embed/Wu4krJJkkIs?feature=player_detailpage

Good post Rick! FYI- Neilsen was another Regina SK. native but went on to bigger things....:)

If anyone liked the RCMP horses and riding in that video,you should check out the Cypress Hills area on July 21st this summer. The RCMP will be putting on their musical ride in the historic Fort Walsh where most of the riding history of the Mounties got the start. It should really take you back to the old days seeing the horses and officers in full dress putting on a full show on the place that has so much history of the west and the RCMP.

Parks Canada - Fort Walsh National Historic Site - Special Events

North-West Mounted Police - A Tradition in Scarlet - History of Major Posts

Visit Cypress Hills | Plan your trip to Cypress Hills

I thought the singer was from the Series Due South. I always liked that show was sorry to see it go. Leslie Nielsen was one of the most versatile actors around, he did it all. I don't know how you get pneumonia in Florida,I guess if you are going to go you are going to go.

Great song, no you can't keep horsemen in a cage...........or riders either.