IGNORED

"87 Venture Radiator Drain Assembly

Vonwolf

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I don't see a part wanted section. Anyway I need the Radiator Drain Assembly that plugs into the thermostat housing, mine's getting a bit thin and as long as I have the bike apart I'd like to change it out. Either I don't know the correct search words for this assembly or all those Ebay stores that buy old bikes and part them out like Pinwhal just throw this part out, but I find this unlikely I think those stores squeeze every dime out of the bikes they can. So if anyone has one of these or can give me the right search word I would be grateful

Might you be inquiring of the "Drain Cock" assembly? Part number 26H-12560-00-00?

It is what some of us call the thermostat bypass.

If so, there are a few on eBay:

87 Yamaha XVZ1300 Venture 1300 YM306 Engine Water Coolant Bleeder Tube Pipe H | eBay

Venture XVZ12 XVZ1200 XVZ1300 Royale Coolant Bleeder Pipe with Hardware 1983 | eBay

1983 Yamaha Venture XVZ12 Coolant Thermostat Line Lines Cap YM233 | eBay

1987 26H-12560-00-00, Drain Cock.jpg

That's it exactly. I knew I had to be using the wrong search words I tried Radiator Drain Assembly, Radiator Bypass, thermostat housing drain assembly everything I could think of with no luck so Thank's Prairiehammer your a life saver.

Von; I go to a site where they sell parts and have Yamaha's parts catalog. Boats.net - New and Used Boats for Sale, Outboard Boat Motors, and Discount Outboard Boat Parts is one. Yamaha's systems are not exactly clear on what is included. For example you won't find the thing you are looking for in a particular chapter; take a throttle cable for example. It's not under the carb. it's under the handle bar.....but that's Nos. 1 and 2 cables; 3 and 4 would be under the carburetor....this is just an example, I may have this actual scenario backwards or all wrong to start with but this is the kine of thinking that's being used in the layout of the parts catalog. It doesn't necessarily follow the line YOU THINK it might....anyway I find the expanded drawing in the parts catalog, get the proper name and part number and do my internet searches armed with that info.

Good luck!