IGNORED

HELLLLLLLP! CB antenna coax question?

Boody

Hi!

Sorry to sound so dumb, but I have always had problems anytime I have had to get into the front fairing on my 1st gen Venture. I am trying to do the Marshall Mod and put a Firestick on my bike (the coax for my stock antenna has some damage to it so I am replacing the whole thing). Problem is that I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to get into the CB part of the right front fairing. I have searched high and low on the forum to see if there are any pics of this fairing disassembly on here, but to no avail. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Ok pretty straight forward once you see the screws. Around the perimeter of the C.B. and C.L.A.S.S. panels are allen head screws. They might be covered by plastic caps. Pop the caps and watch where they fly! Then carefully remove the allen screws. Lift straight up and hold panel while watching small pieces of plastic fall from the screw hole areas:whistling: The recessed screw pockets often break out. Don't worry they can be repaired. Unplug the various electrical connectors and then unscrew the coax. There are 2 individual wires with small round bullet connectors-look for them. Now you can start on the mods. YOu may aso end up pulling the radio side to access the antenna connection on that side. Also go ahead and remove the false tank cover and seat. I have a write up on my modifications to my 1986. I split the antennas and installed a Wilson. The radio has an amplified antenna in the fairing. Good luck and check back if you need other ideas. Many here have done these modifications.Here are my mods:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19716

JB

Thanks a bunch "Buddy-ro"! :thumbsup2: I will do that first thing tomorrow. I got tired of trying to do it in the dark and gave up. (LOL) I saw all those little caps around the CB and CLASS but weren't sure they were supposed to come off.

Later