IGNORED

Help with 87 Radiator Hose

Have a huge leak on Yahama Part # 26H-12578-00-00 . What is everyone doing about replacing bad hose? I like to replace at once if possible

Have also had problem with over heating, going to replace Thermostat when Into this where this hose contact right side there is what they call a Joint Yamaha # 1NL-12479-01-00 it has 3 wires to it from fan

could this thing be causing it to hot? the fan work but does not come on, something not telling it to work :) I appreciate all help

The hose is obsolete but can be found on eBay at

Radiator Pipe Hose 3 26H 12578 00 XVZ12 XVZ13 | eBay

On the non-op fan. On the right side frame upright you'll see a metal coolant junction with two sensors. One is for the fan, and the other is for the temp gauge. Also check to see that the brown ground wire connection is clean. Probably is since you say you're running hot. Next check the drain valve and make sure it's in the right position and not by-passing the thermostat.

Have a huge leak on Yahama Part # 26H-12578-00-00 . What is everyone doing about replacing bad hose? I like to replace at once if possible

In this thread, http://www.venturerider.org/forum/poor-man-tips-and-fixes/75225-5-replacement-discontinued-radiator-hose-3-a.html luke000 claims that a hose from Auto Zone, (PN A71651) will fit nicely after trimming.

... the fan work but does not come on, something not telling it to work

There are two electrical units mounted to the 'joint'. One is the 'thermounit'; it is the 'temperature sending unit' for the temperature gauge. The other thing is the 'thermoswitch'; the thermoswitch switches the fan on when a preset temperature is reached and switches the fan off when the coolant temperature has cooled sufficiently.

The thermounit has a single bullet connector. The thermoswitch has two spade connectors. Make sure that the connection is clean and tight. One can remove the thermoswitch and using a VOM and a pan of hot water on the stove, test that the thermoswitch is working. A picture of the thermoswitch:

Fan Thermoswitch.jpg

Edited by Prairiehammer

OK ! this is the hose that leaves Front Cylinder and goes to Joint then there one that leaves there and goes to Rear Cylinder........the front one the one I got to replace and it was no fun getting to it either

I replaced both those with automotive hoses. I just took the hoses off and went to the auto parts place and found hoses that were close and cut some off each end and they worked fine. I have no idea what the car part numbers were.

Randy

I replaced both those with automotive hoses. I just took the hoses off and went to the auto parts place and found hoses that were close and cut some off each end and they worked fine. I have no idea what the car part numbers were.

Randy

What he said . . .

• 2 months later...

I just ran into the same problem with my 88. My lower radiator hose, (Hose 3 part #26H-12578-00-00 ) looks like it is leaking and no longer available from Yamaha. These forums are so much help. I'll try the Auto Zone part number and see what I get. I kind of figured it should not be to difficult to make something else work but having the advice of someone that has already done it sure saves a lot of time.

I still am confused since Mobiliet states the part number in the first post but later is discussing what sounds like a completely different hose. Did I miss something.