IGNORED

How do I adjust choke lever tightness on my '88?

How do I adjust choke lever tightness on my '88?

My choke won't stay where I set it. Seems springy and goes back to nearly off when I release my thumb from the lever.

I can't see any way to tighten it up.

My 2000 did the same thing, but I knew how to fix that and took care of it.

This is a different bird.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Rusty

I just took mine apart and cleaned it. It has a washer that kind of looks like a star washer. I don't know the proper name. It is cupped. The points need to face the control side. Not the thumb lever side. Mine stays put where I place it. I don't know that this will solve the problem but its a place to start.

I just took mine apart and cleaned it. It has a washer that kind of looks like a star washer. I don't know the proper name. It is cupped. The points need to face the control side. Not the thumb lever side. Mine stays put where I place it. I don't know that this will solve the problem but its a place to start.

Thanks for y'all's help. I'll look at it more closely. Right now, I have the carbs off for service and I'll do the valve check while I'm at it.

When I get it back together, I'll post if I had any luck with the choke control.

Appreciate the response.

I just took mine apart.

I bent the ears of that "kinda sorta star-type" washer to put a bit more curve in them and put it back together. Tightened up that mechanism just right.