IGNORED

MP3 input jack in place of tape player

fixit3546

Tere is no need to remove the tape deck there is already a jack right next to the player when you open the cover. Most guys split the fairing and add a "Y" to the jack and then run the cable to the MP3 player wherever it is mounted. Plays through the AUX on the control box

The reason you probably couldn't find it was that I did mine for an IPOD, but it'd work just fine with an MP3 player.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/radio-cb-gps-etc-/44070-tape-deck.html?highlight=frankd+ipod

The treble response is a bit hot with this system, so I just set the equalization on my IPOD for "small speakers" (treble cut, bass boost), but if your MP3 doesn't have this function, you could just put a small capacitor across each input to the amplifier. You'd have test different values of capacitors to determine the correct value.

Rick, I think this is for a 1st Gen., so there is no OEM jack!

Frank---KA9J

I replaced the tape deck with an MP3 port years ago.

Used a piece of abs plastic to replace the missing take deck.

Remove the deck and unplug it from the cable going to the audio system.

I bought an matching 8 pin din plug from a local electronics part store.

In the abs plastic, I installed a switch and a female 3.5mm stereo jack.

Wire the switch to pins 1 and 7. On will override the am/fm as though the cassette player was on.

Wire the stereo plug to pins 3,4, and 5 (i belive 4 is the ground pin, with 3 and 5 being he left and right channels)

Not really very hard and easy to remove and install.

If you plug into the port and play music, it will sometimes override the radio without throwing the switch.

Good luck!!