IGNORED

Investigating Olivia's History is almost as much fun as riding her!!!!

cowpuc

That's just very cool Puc. Heck, Vermillion is probably less than 10 miles from my house and in fact, we usually do a dinner ride on Friday night to the Quacker Steak and Lube in Vermillion. Maybe he could even ride it over and spend some time with us at my house.

Glad and sad to see you sell your beloved bike looks like she will be going to a great home . We all have done things that were financially correct but the heart does not always registers that. This i bump in the road and just imagine the fun you will be having chasing the next treasure. You will great through this and move on , remeber you may have had to sell her but no one can take away the memories or the experience of rider her . And i know i am jealous you have them but am glad i got to read about them on here. Some day i hope to ride with you , your stories are one of the many reasons i check this site every day. Good luck with health issues prayers up.

Glad and sad to see you sell your beloved bike looks like she will be going to a great home . We all have done things that were financially correct but the heart does not always registers that. This i bump in the road and just imagine the fun you will be having chasing the next treasure. You will great through this and move on , remeber you may have had to sell her but no one can take away the memories or the experience of rider her . And i know i am jealous you have them but am glad i got to read about them on here. Some day i hope to ride with you , your stories are one of the many reasons i check this site every day. Good luck with health issues prayers up.

Thanks for the kind words Turtle - very very well put!! I am really glad that you find some enjoyment following along with my stories, I look forward to meeting you and riding with you too someday!! Also THANK YOU for the Prayers Up!!

Puc

Ok,, this is really nuts,, I just spoke with the person who is purchasing Olivia,, get this one,,, he lives 1 mile from that Quacker Steak and Lube Don!! I asked if he happen to know you - he asked if you had ever worked for KTM Motorcycles? He said he would be GLAD to ride her over and meet you guys during your MD if at all possible!!!

Because he mentioned KTM, another very interesting topic came up as we chatted.. Many many years ago, back in my Mx and Harescrambling days (68 - 78) I had a lot of dealings with Penton Motorcycles.. Then, a few years ago, I did a presentation for POG (Penton Owners Group) at KTM Motorcycle HQ in Amherst.. There were two brothers, Jack and John Penton who built the Penton motorcycles and than later sold out to KTM.. While at KTM HQ doing my presentation, John came up and thanked me for my work and we shared in many stories about the old days (John was an ISDT - International Six Days title holder for a number of years, GREAT GUY).. He gave me a signed copy of his book..

Come to find out - the guy who is buying Olivia had a business that connected to the Penton Brothers building in "Lorain"? and he knows them well!! Talk about a CRAZY small world!!!!!!

THE PLOT THICKENS!!

Puc

20140701_212600.jpg

OUTSTANDING!!! Don if he would show up on the day we eat I would pay for his food!! Just to meet him and see Olivia!!

I will make sure I show him this post when he comes to pick her up Dan,, of course I will also remind him that the guy who made this offer also is the person in our family who no one,, even himself, knows who he really is.. :big-grin-emoticon: