IGNORED

Forward Left Engine Guard or Crash Bar.

My 2005 RSMV was involved in a wreck before I bought it. After carefully looking it over I decided to buy it. They did a great job fixing everything that was bent or broken, but I noticed a misalignment of the panels on the Left lower leg protectors. During Christmas vacation I had time to tear into it and see what was going on. The left engine guard/crash bar is slightly tweaked. I might be able to bend it back, but I thought I would post on here to see if anybody would by chance have one they would want to sell?

I found a couple on e-bay, but they don't look like they are completely there or in good shape. There was a new one, but it was $260!!

If you add highway pegs to the crash bars the braces will keep the bars from flexing when you have your feet up on the pegs. The plastic lower fairings can then crack when the bar flexes forward. The fairings are expensive to replace

• 2 weeks later...
If you add highway pegs to the crash bars the braces will keep the bars from flexing when you have your feet up on the pegs. The plastic lower fairings can then crack when the bar flexes forward. The fairings are expensive to replace

I have highway pegs, however they are so far out there, I rest my heel on the floor boards and place my toes on the highway pegs.

I never noticed any flex in the bars. After disassembling the lower fairings, i realized I could pull aft on the crash bar and bend it back into place. it was shoved up and forward about an inch. this made everything align incorrectly. I hope to have it all back together soon.