IGNORED

trike tires

plumberman

putting together a tri wing trike and wondering about tires . if the backs are radials should the front be also ? what weight rating should the front be , and is there any difference on rotation , wondering about rain grooves being backwards in back tire vs front

I'm running a what ever is recommended for the second gen. on the front and radials on the back with no issues. So far I have 11000 miles on the front with very little wear. I have no handling problems in rain or on dry roads. You will want t run normal pressure on the front and around 20-25 psi in the rear.

putting together a tri wing trike and wondering about tires . if the backs are radials should the front be also ? what weight rating should the front be , and is there any difference on rotation , wondering about rain grooves being backwards in back tire vs front
PM sent

What you will find out is you will wear out the front tire in no time, just the nature of trikes with motorcycle vs flat profile tires. I am running a rear E3 tire in the front (proper size) mounted backwards and it is wearing much better. Running radials in rear and a bias ply in front is not really an issue, trikes are a different animal from 2 wheels and 4 wheels...

Also running a rear motorcycle tire on the front in the correct size. The rear tires usually have a higher load rating and more rubber so they last longer. I run 41lbs in the front and 23 lbs in the rear. Mixing bias and radial on a trike does not seem to make any difference as it does on a car or bike.